Hours spent learning a subject transfer into credits…the SOW is overly sufficient to meet the required needs for high school students, except in math, chemistry, and foreign languages (Hebrew/Greek introduction only).
History, Geography, and Science alternate…
- World Geography -7 continents, the Middle East region, your home country, and your home state for 3 weeks each … 10 X 15 days = 150 hrs.
*Also add hrs. that include the preparing and presenting of a geography project each year,
- World History taught by timeline (periods) such as Mesopotamia, Babylonian, etc.; also history taught 1 week in each continent study…30 x 5 = 150 hrs.
*Include preparation and presentation of history project each year.
Note… American History & Geography included in World History & Geography. Art, Literature, Religion, Government, Culture, etc. are taught every week in both Geography & History making this an extensive study.
- Science taught by topics…
- 21 x 5 =105 hrs. in Astronomy/Earth/Origin
- 36 x 5 = 180 hrs. Botany/Zoology/Human Anatomy/Health
- 20 X 5 = 100 hrs. Physical/Chemical
- No Chemistry
*Add hrs. for preparing and presenting experiment/project every year.
- Grammar= 144 hrs.
- Literature=144 hrs.
- Writing=144 hrs.
- Speech=144 hrs.
- Spelling/Vocabulary=144 hrs.
- Bible… over 700 hrs. in inductive study & history.
- The SOW has 144 hrs. of electives…music, family traditions, arts/crafts, home economics, community service, drama, field trips, etc…. See Electives.
- SOW teaches home management & time management skills daily… See Charts.
- SOW encourages sports (weekly) & PE (daily)…See PE.
- SOW endorses Biblical mentoring/apprenticeship in every area of life…vocation, ministry, life, marriage/single/family. See Apprenticeship.
- The SOW Co-op section has suggestions for weekly fellowship, sharing (speech), classes (hands on activities/labs for each subject), playing (alternate sports), outreaches, field trips, etc..
- End of the year SOW Graduations celebrate the student’s completion in each subject in which a scrapbook is exhibited, a project in each subject is prepared and presented, and a diploma/certificate given, pictures, invitations, and refreshments provided. Seniors are given special recognition.
- SOW recommend using the SOW Student Progress Report to record all resources, hours, grades, tests per subject.
- New…The SOW now has an Advanced Skill Level for advanced high school students (who have used the SOW for a year), Bible college equivalency, or adult discipleship which covers every book of the Bible; World & American History, Government, Geography, Art, Literature, Religion, etc.; all English, Vocabulary, Writing, Speech skills in 2 years.
Biblical discipleship is the focus of the SOW Curriculum. We believe God’s Word to be true and will invest our lives proving it …
2 Timothy 3:16,17 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
*Contact Merle Reece for more information…1225-590-3444 or email@example.com